Serves: 4 servings
For the Zoodles
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
For the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 4 pieces (seeds removed)
- 4 tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil, divided
- ½ medium onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
For the Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ cup packed spinach
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour (arrowroot during DETOX)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a baking sheet, toss red bell peppers and 1 tablespoon of oil together and lay in a single layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until the bell peppers are tender and there are some black char marks.
- In the meantime, start making your turkey meatballs. In a large bowl combine ground turkey, spinach, coconut flour, salt, thyme, oregano, garlic, 1 tablespoon of oil and black pepper. Mix until combined well. Roll into small meatballs – you’ll get about 15 out of a batch. Line a baking sheet with foil and place meatballs on the sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until baked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, in a small skillet, combine ¼ cup diced onion and 1 clove of garlic in 1 tbsp. of oil. Sauté for 5 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add to a food processor with the bell pepper when it’s ready. Then also add almond milk, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, black pepper, 2 tbsp. of avocado oil or olive oil. Process until combined and smooth.
- Use a vegetable spiralizer to turn the zucchini into noodles. In a skillet (can be the same one we used before), add the zucchini with the oil and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, top the zucchini with the roasted red pepper sauce and 3-4 meatballs.