- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of clove
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (optional) or 1 tsp. dry ginger
- pinch of fresh ground black pepper*
- As much turmeric as you can handle! Start with a teaspoon and go up from there.
- 1-2 cups of filtered water
- Stevia to sweeten
- Milk sub of choice (coconut milk, almond, hemp, flax, cashew, etc.)
*Must have black pepper – studies show it aids in the absorption of curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric.
- Slow and steady stove top method
- Simmer herbs and water together for 10 mins.
- Strain out and add stevia and milk.
- Fast and furious blender method
- Boil water in your kettle and add to blender (a blender with gradual speed increase will reduce likely hood of pressure from steam of boiled water exploding out of your blender).
- Add in spices and blend until smooth and unified in color.
- Strain out tea and add milk and stevia.