- 1 1/2 lbs. halibut, or the fish of your choice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, this was the juice of 1 medium size lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (this won’t add much heat, it is added for flavor)
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley leaves, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Place all the marinade ingredients in a large Ziploc bag and shake or squeeze to mix. Add the fish to the bag and then seal it, removing as much air as possible. Gently squeeze to make sure all pieces are covered in the marinade. Lay the bag flat in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for an hour or two.
Preheat the oven to broil. Line a large baking sheet with foil and then transfer the fish to the baking sheet. Broil for 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillets. The fish should be firm and almost flaking. Be careful not to overcook and dry it out. Let it rest on the counter for a few minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!