- 2 14.5-ounce cans whole mild green chilies or fresh green chilies roasted
- 1/2 lb. Monterey jack cheese whole brick, cut into finger sized long strips
- 1/2 lb. cheddar Colby cheese shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- Coconut oil for pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil rectangular glass baking dish (9×13) with coconut oil.
- Open and drain each can of chilies Stuff each chili with finger sized pieces of monetary jack cheese and arrange in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle all but one cup of the shredded cheddar Colby jack over chilies.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine eggs through mustard, cumin, chipotle powder and whisk until most of the clumps are gone (some may remain).
- Pour egg mixture over chilies
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole and return to 350 degree oven for an additional 5 minutes or until firm.
- Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving